Monday, September 21, 2009

Honey Mustard Curry Chicken



DH and I love curry. Not hot Indian curry, just the plain 'ole curry powder you get in the spice section at the store.
I found this recipe a few months ago and forgot about until now.
We got home late tonight and DH was really hungry. I had some chicken thawed so I decided to make this and cook some rice in the rice cooker.

Honey Mustard Curry Chicken:
1 C. Honey or Corn Syrup
1/2 C. Mustard
2 tsp. Curry Powder
1 tsp. Salt
1 Cube melted butter
10-20 chicken pieces (thighs or tenderloins work best)

Directions: Place chicken in a baking pan; mix the rest of the ingredients and pour over the chicken. Cover with foil. You can uncover the last 15 minutes if you want less sauce. Bake 1 hour at 375.
Serve over rice.

I halved the recipe and used 2 chicken breasts, cut up, instead of thighs. I also think that this would be great with tofu but DH can't stand the stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment