Friday, September 11, 2009

The Curse of My Vinyl Floor!

We recently moved into a home that had been occupied by an old widower for 10 years. It was cluttered and dusty and downright dirty. I've made my way through most of the dust and grime but there is one thing I just can not get clean: my white vinyl kitchen floor.

Why anyone would install a white kitchen floor is beyond me, but that's what I've got and I have to make do for now.

I've tried multiple cleaning products including my Swiffer® WetJet® and getting on my hands an knees and scrubbing the floor with Ammonia. There is only one product I have found that makes a notable difference. And that wonderful, lifesaving product is Windex®.

I spray the floor and then use a mop to scrub it clean. I use the
Windex® Multi-Surface Antibacterial because that's what I happen to have, but I have read that regular Windex® works just as well.

I am some OCD when it comes to the cleanliness of my home, but even if I didn't, a dirty white kitchen floor is something you just can't ignore.

Cleaning this floor has become a daily task for me. My next task is convincing DH to rip it up and install a new floor. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment