Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Dress Solution

DH's little brother is getting married tomorrow to an amazing girl who has quickly become one of my best friends. I just love her!
We were asked to wear black skirts with a top in one of the wedding colors (hot pink, black, silver and dark green). I've had something in mind but I never actually put the outfit together until saturday night. I quickly realized that it just wasn't going to work. PANIC!

I remembered a black dress I bought and only wore once because it's a wrap around and running after a baby in church in a wrap around dress and teaching 3 year olds was rather difficult. Plus, the neckline is to low and putting a shades shirt underneath dressed it down quite a bit.

On Saturday night we ran to Shopko to see if we could find anything to make this work. When we were ready to give up DH saw a display of long sleeve tee's in hot pink. It was the right color, wrong look. And it didn't solve the problem of the wrap around skirt opening.

It finally dawned on me that I could insert some fabric to the wrap around part so that when the wind was blowing I wouldn't flash everybody.

I came home and started cutting up the t-shirt we bought. I sewed the front of the shirt into the neckline and the back of the shirt into the bottom.

Last night I decided that I didn't like the neckline because it's just a boring t-shirt neck. So I made the neckline to look like a corsage tee like I saw on Make It and Love It. I think it really completed the outfit. Here's the bottom: And here's the whole thing:
Then I made this hair piece to go with it using a super cute black button in the middle that I got in a button grab bag from Walmart

No comments:

Post a Comment