Monday, November 2, 2009

Hair Bow & Clippy Holder & Covered Baby Wipe Case

After having the entire family, myself included, down for a couple weeks with H1N1, I woke up with an urge to to something crafty. After blog stocking my favorite inspirational blogs, I decided to make a hair bow & clippy holder for DD.

I went to DI and found a the perfect sized frame for $1. Then I went to Wal-mart in search for fabric & ribbon. I found some really adorable fabrics but the thrifty girl in me could not resist the clearance fabric. I found hot pink and black pinstripe fabric for $1.50/yard. I got some coordinating ribbon and headed home.

Here's what I started out with:And this is what i ended up with:

This is really the easiest little project. The most difficult task was deciding how to place the ribbon.


While I had everything out I decided to try another little project. You can find a tutorial for it here. It's not great, but I think it's a pretty good first attempt. I'm excited to get better at it and give them out for gifts.
I have to share this great DI find: This cute little coat rack was only $1 at DI and perfect for DD's room. It was brand new, still in it's package. I love DI!

1 comment:

  1. My sister in law made me a diaper wipe holder, but it stopped keeping the wipes moist so I had to get rid of it.

    ReplyDelete