Friday, May 7, 2010

My Review of WinCo

WinCo just opened a store 1 mile from my house. I've watched the building process and I'm so excited that it's finally open!

I told myself that I'd wait a few weeks to go since I knew it would be crazy busy, but I couldn't help myself. I went on opening day and it was a madhouse, but I got about $80 worth of groceries for $30, so I couldn't complain. Later that night, DH and I needed to get milk so we went back. I thought it would be less crowded but I was so wrong! The check-out lines were literally to the back of the store.

My dad loves a good deal so he and my mom came over today so we could go to WinCo. It was still busy but much better so I was able to take a better look at things and I'm very impressed.
The prices are better on most things, but there were a few items we looked at that we knew we could get cheaper at Wal-Mart or Costco.

The store itself is very clean and has a good flow. My favorite section of the store is the bulk section. They have every herb you could possibly want for super cheap. I love that I can get as much as I need and not have to buy a full jar of a spice I need for just one recipe. They also have a huge variety of flour including semolina, gluten, rye, & multiple kinds of wheat. They have bulk honey, which I've never seen. They have a big meat & seafood department and even though I think fish & seafood is disgusting, I did notice that they have a huge variety compared to most stores.

The biggest con I can think of is that you have to bag your own groceries. I like to watch the scanner and make sure I'm getting the right price, but it's not that big of a deal.

I was told today that they're building in WinCo in Layton which should open next year.

I love this store. It is definitely my new store of choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment