Sunday, April 25, 2010

Homemade Laundry Soap (Powder)

I don't know why it took me so long to think of using powder instead of making liquid soap. It's so much easier! Not that the original liquid recipe was hard, but this is a sinch!

I grated 2/3 of a bar of Zote and added 2 cups each of Borax and Super Washing Soda. I also added 2 cups of OxiClean since I add that to every load.

Then I add 2 Tbsp (1/8 cup) to 4 Tbsp (1/4 cup) per load, depending on how dirty the clothes are. (I add a full 1/4 cup when I'm washing DH's work clothes.

Easy Peasy!




1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! I have super sensitive skin and have been thinking about doing this. I have one question for you, do you feel as though it work well? I am crazy about super clean clothes. I LOVE the idea of OxiClean mixed in!

    ReplyDelete