Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Pillows!

I have been wanting a black leather couch for months. I'm too practical to go out and buy a new one, so I diligently watched for one on KSL. After a few weeks I gave up then one morning I just thought to check. I found a FREE black leather couch about 15 minutes away from us. I called and the lady said I could have it! Patience really pays off!

The couch wasn't perfect but DH fixed the structural problem. So it was time for new pillows! For this pillow, I used Make It- Love It's tutorial, found here.

And for this pillow, I used Just Another Hangup's tutorial, found here.

There is a downside to this story is that I foolishly left my purse in my car while I was helping DH bring our new couch into the house, then I forgot about it. The next morning the bank called to verify some strange transactions, and, you guessed it, someone broke into my car and stole my wallet. It has been a nightmare trying to replace everything, but it's also been a blessing in disguise, so I really can't complain.

1 comment:

  1. What a great find -- the leather sofa. I love both of your pillows. Even though you mentioned you can't "see" the gathers as much with the damask, I think it is fabulous! I love the other pillow too and I think the two pillows really compliment each other. Thank you so much for letting me know about your creation so I could come over and enjoy it for myself!

    ReplyDelete