Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Nursery to Toddler Room

I needed to make drapes in DD's room so that I could be in the laundry room without having the light wake her up.

We were at Wal-Mart and found a brown pinstripe fabric for $1/yard. Along with the price being unbeatable, I actually liked the fabric and thought I could make a cute valance to make it work in the room. I went to Hobby Lobby because their fabrics are adorable, cheap, and they all have coordinating fabrics. I fell in love with the flower fabric (on the ends) and the coordinating fabrics matched the brown pinstripe perfectly.

Since these colors don't match DD's room at all, we're going to have to repaint, which is fine with me because I never loved her room the way it was painted. (You can see to the very right of the picture the purple, green and blue polka dots) I'm going to paint over the polka dots in the colors that you see in the flower fabric.

I like this because the colors aren't so infantile. I'm sick of the pastels and baby feel of the room. DD's has grown out of that phase and I think that the colors in flower fabric suits her better. And when we have another baby, if it's a boy, he'll fit right in with these colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment