Sunday, July 3, 2016

Tater Tot Casserole

Wow! Almost 2 years since I've touched this blog! Oops!

Life has changed a WHOLE lot in that time.

We moved to a new house. Which is so fun! I also went back to work full time. (So I guess this blog's name is no longer accurate...) I have been working as a 9-1-1 dispatcher since April 2015. It has been a SUPER stressful year as I learned this crazy stressful job, and adjusted to being a working mom, in a new house that needed lots of updating and decorating. Not to mention adjusting to sending my kids to daycare after being with them almost 24/7 since they were born. Hubby has had to step in as Mr. Mom (and he has done an AWESOME job!) and we have had to get used to seeing each other a whole lot less.

I know several people whose lives have also drastically changed but due to death, divorce, etc. and as stressed as I have been, I realize how blessed I am and I am grateful that the Lord has helped me through this difficult transition.

Even though I haven't written anything here for a long time, I still refer to this blog a lot for my recipes. I used to keep all my recipes on Tastebook, but somewhere in the last year, they did something to where I no longer have access to my recipes.
So I am trying to be more diligent in keeping my recipes accessible, but at the same time, I have not been cooking nearly as often as I used to. For several months, my family was lucky to get one home-cooked meal out of me a week.

We just tried this recipe last night and we were pleasantly surprised. The original recipe called for twice the amount of ranch dressing mix (1-1 oz. package), and we found it to be too powerful. Costco sells Hidden Valley Ranch mix in a spice container, which will be much easier to get your 1/2 oz.


Tater Tot Casserole

16 oz. sour cream
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1/2 oz. Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
3 oz cooked, crumbled bacon
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 lbs. frozen tater tots

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 13 x 9 pan with cooking spray. Set aside.

In a large bowl, mix together sour cream, soup, ranch, bacon, and cheddar. Fold in tater tots. Spoon entire mixture into the prepared pan.

Bake fr 40-45 minutes, until bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment