Saturday, September 25, 2010

Disneyland


My freaking awesome in-law's took all of us kids & spouses to Disneyland for a glorious 6-day vacation to celebrate my mother-in-law's 50th birthday. This was my very first trip to the happiest place on earth and I truly had no idea what I was missing. We had a wonderful time other than the evil flu that DD gave 7 out of the 9 in our family. DD had been sick before we left, and I mean really sick. Like going to the ER for dehydration. DH and I were lucky to have gotten the bug before we left but the other 5 were sick during the trip:(

Nevertheless, we all had a great time! We spent one day at beautiful Newport Beach and 5 days in Disneyland and California Adventure.

(We all pitched in on an iPad for mom. Needless to say, she was thrilled)


(Tower of Terror. Best. Ride. Ever! Well, tied with Soarin' over California)

Disneyland has gone from being something that I thought people made too big a fuss about to my dream vacation spot. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that place!

We've been home for almost 2 weeks and I'm still going through withdrawals. I've been busying myself planning home improvement projects. I've had general contractors out to give me estimates for having my laundry room finished. That's going to be up to the boss/landlord. I don't know how happy he is to lay down $5000 to beautify a 100-year-old house, but I've got my fingers crossed!
**I must note that the first two pictures are stolen from my sis-in-law. She always does awesome effects on her pics and I've never figured it out.

1 comment:

  1. We just got back from Disney too! I wish it would have been longer than one day:( I am so ready to go back for Christmas! Best vacation ever!!

    ReplyDelete